Canada's longest running surf music festival, the Great Lakes Surf Battle, presents the third annual "Fall Brawl."
Two nights of reverb soaked surf rock and it all takes place at the legendary Cadillac Lounge in the Parkdale neighbourhood of Toronto!
$10 each night, doors at 9pm! MC The Wolfman! DJ Derk!
Friday Nov 18th
9pm Hang Ten Gallon Hats
10pm The Cliff Divers
11pm Mark Malibu & the Wasagas
12am Luau or Die
1am King Beez
Sat Nov 19th
9pm The Inquisitors
10pm The Aquamaniacs
11pm The Surfrajettes
12am The Blue Demons
1am The Men In Gray Suits
Halloween is a great time for surf tunes, the spooky reverb, theramin and bone shakin'' rhythms go hand in hand. As always Surf Rock Radio is about quality over quantity so we are not going to overdo Halloween, but we will give you an expertly curated selection of creepy vintage surf and the best contemporary horror surf from bands including The Grande Bois, The Terrorsurfs, The Alder Kings, The Tsunamibots, King Beez, Blackball Bandits, The Tiki Creeps and The Delstroyers and soooo many more.
The mix will get progressively more spooky as we approach the 31st, so for the time being it's ok for teenagers to listen. And on 31st, Surf Rock Radio has your Halloween party soundtrack covered! With a much requested feature - no darn talking between expertly mixed tracks !
Gnarly Mike \ooo/
If you are listening to www.surfrockradio.com via the website, there may be a number of disruptions as we perform some upgrades to bring you a faster and more dynamic website. Thanks to our new web developer Susan Amibot for her help!
Thanks for all the support for Surf Rock Radio. There are a few things that you can also do to help up us and ultimately promote the bands.
1. Suggest our Facebook page http://facebook.com/surfrockradio to your friends
2. If you have a website, post a link back to www.surfrockradio.com
3. Embed our tunein music player on your website or blog. It's free!
5. Record some station IDs for us, eg "This is xxx and you are listening to Surf Rock Radio dot com".
6. Donate to help cover our license costs - there is a DONATE NOW button on the right hand side of the website.
7. Tweet, Like and Share this article.